To register for a Clipchamp account, you can either use your Google or Facebook account, your email address by itself with our magic link option, or a traditional email + password combination.
Even after you sign up, you can use any of these login options to get you into your account – as long as they are connected to the same email address the system will associate them.
So for example if you create an account using a magic link and would like to add an email + password sign-in option later, you can do so by following the steps below under 1) for Clipchamp Create or under 2) for Clipchamp Utilities.
1. Signing up to Create with an email and password
NOTE: steps for signing in to Utilities with email + password are shown further down at point 2 in this article.
1) Go to the Clipchamp Create Page
Go to the Create projects page at this address: https://app.clipchamp.com/
2) Log out of any existing Clipchamp accounts
If you already have an account and are currently logged in, log out by clicking the icon in the top right corner and clicking sign out. (You need to do this even if you want to change the login method for that particular account.)
3) Switch to the sign up screen
If you see the "log in to your account" screen, switch to the sign up screen by clicking the Sign up link in the text in the top right corner of your screen:
4) Choose "Use my email"
After choosing what purpose you use Clipchamp for, you'll see a 'Create your account' screen. Click on Use my email.
4) Choose "use password instead"
In the grey text at the bottom of the window, click on password.
5) Fill in your details, and choose a password for your account
Once you've entered your details click the Sign up button.
IMPORTANT: If you want to add an email and password login for an existing Clipchamp account (e.g. an account you already created using Google, Facebook or a magic link), make sure you enter the same email address as the one associated with that account. If the email is the same, when you click sign up Clipchamp will associate the two login methods with the one account.
6) Confirm you email address
You will see a message asking you to check your email inbox, like this:
Go to your email account, find the email from Clipchamp and click the CONFIRM EMAIL button, or copy and paste the link displayed below it into your browser.
This will log you in to your Clipchamp account, which will now have an email and password login option added.
7) Logging in in future:
When you want to log in with your email and password in future, just click the use password instead button on the log in screen:
2. Signing up to Utilities with an email and password
1) Log out if you're currently logged in, then go to util.clipchamp.com.
If you created a Clipchamp account with Google or Facebook before, you will see a screen like this:
If that is the case, click on Not your account?.
Otherwise you'll be seeing the screen shown at 2) right away.
2) On this screen, click on "With email".
3) On the next screen, select “With Password”.
4) Then, enter the email address you’d like to register with and choose a password.
5) Click the “Sign up with password” button.
6) Next, you will see the following message
7) Go to your inbox and open the email we sent you
If it’s not in your inbox, please check your Spam folder and make sure that your (corporate) firewall settings allow emails from noreply(at)clipchamp.com and sendgrid.net.
In the email, click the verification button or copy & paste the link underneath it into your browser’s address bar.
8) This will finalise the signup and redirect you to the Clipchamp Utilities user dashboard (or the API dashboard if that's the product you signed up for)
9) Optional - if you'd like to use the Create editor instead of Utilities or the API, click on the product switcher and jump across to Create.
NB: If you don't get redirected to the dashboard after clicking the verification link in the email, please try to navigate to the dashboard by going directly to https://util.clipchamp.com/dashboard. If this also does not work, please get in touch with us through the contact widget in the bottom right corner of this article.