To keep your account active on the free tier and only cancel a subscription to one of our paid plans instead, please see: How do I cancel my plan.
To close an account altogether, read on.
Deactivate a Clipchamp account
1. Make sure you're logged into the correct account in case you have more than one in place.
2. Log in, then go to https://app.clipchamp.com/account/general
3. Make sure you're in the account that you'd like to deactivate by checking the email address that is getting shown. This is in case you registered more than one.
4. Click on Deactivate Account at the bottom of the page.
5. In the popup, click on Send verification code.
Which will bring up this screen:
6. Check your email inbox and copy the code from the message we sent (check your Spam folder if the message doesn't appear after a minute or two).
7. After pasting the code into the field there is a brief check, if it's correct then you'll see this new button appear:
8. Click on Deactivate Account to complete the process of closing your account.
Log you out of the current session.
Deactivate your Clipchamp account connected to this email address.
Remove this email address from receiving Clipchamp emails.
Stop any paid subscriptions that might be associated with this account.
Delete any cloud-synced media files if you had this feature enabled in editing projects.
Delete any shared videos/watch pages if you had this enabled for editing projects.
Delete a Clipchamp account
If you'd like to have all your data erased from our system in addition to closing your account & subscription, please contact us through the chat widget on this page by clicking on the purple bubble in the bottom right or by writing to support(at)clipchamp.com.