In the timeline of your Clipchamp Create project you can:
- Mute a video.
- Extract the audio from a video into a separate track so it can be deleted or moved elsewhere.
1. How to mute a video
To mute a video, click the speaker symbol in the top left of the clip in the timeline:
The video clip will be muted and the symbol will now show a cross through it:
To unmute the clip simply click the symbol again.
2. How to separate the audio from a video
To separate the sound from a video clip:
- Select the video clip in the timeline.
- Click on Audio in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
3. Click the Separate audio button.
Now the audio will appear in a separate audio track.
You can now move this new audio clip elsewhere in the timeline, or remove the audio by selecting it and clicking the Delete symbol above the timeline.
If you decide you want to have the sound back again or "rejoin the audio" simply drag the original video into the timeline again from your project's media area (it will still include the audio). The separated audio will now also be available in the project's media library so you can add multiple copies to the timeline.