Yes! The Create video editor supports adding media files directly from your Dropbox library. Here's how to connect your Dropbox account to Clipchamp, edit your Dropbox files directly in the editor, and save them back to Dropbox once you're finished:
How to edit video and image files from Dropbox
1. Go to your Dropbox account in Chrome.
2. Find a video, image or audio file to edit, then choose Open > Connect apps.
3. Next to Clipchamp, click Connect.
4. Click Allow and follow the Clipchamp login prompts.
NOTE: you will have to login to Clipchamp using the Dropbox login option. If you already have a Clipchamp account, you will be logged into that account provided that you use the same email account for Dropbox as you do for Clipchamp.
5. Your file will appear in a project in the editor. Drag it to the timeline to start editing.
6. Go to Add Media > Select the Dropbox icon to import more files into your project
Once you do that, you will see this prompt to Provide access to Dropbox, click Continue.
7. When you're done editing, export your project, and it will automatically be saved back to your Dropbox library. Click View in Dropbox on the export screen to see it.
8. Use Dropbox's time-stamped commenting feature to get instant feedback
You can re-open your project in Clipchamp to make further changes.
These steps, including screenshots, are also shown in our blog post about editing Dropbox videos.
If your files don't load
If video files from Dropbox don't load into Clipchamp, it can be because:
- the files are too large and this is causing connection issues.
- there is not enough space on the computer's disk (Clipchamp runs in the browser but uses the computer's local resources while you work on projects, like a hybrid between an installed and an online app, so it needs space to download the files).
- the files on Dropbox belong to someone else and you only have read access.
If you have any of these problems, download the files to your computer outside of Clipchamp and use these local copies in an editing project instead.
Disconnect Dropbox from Clipchamp
If you ever want to disconnect your Dropbox account from your Clipchamp account, you can do so from your Dropbox account page. Under 'Apps with access to your Dropbox', open Clipchamp Login and Clipchamp and click the Disconnect buttons.