Yes, you can add visual effects to videos in the Clipchamp Create editor.
You can currently slow down, speed up, crop, flip, rotate or change the colour and contrast of a video. You can use filters to create noise, smoke, blur, glitch, slow zoom and green screen effects. It's also possible to add fade in and fade out effects as other transitions between video clips.
We're always improving our editor and adding more effects and transition options.
How to add effects
To add an effect, simply select the video in the timeline (click on it so it is highlighted), and use the menu that appears above to the left, shown here:
Effects you can add to your videos
- SLOW MOTION: You can slow down or speed up a video:
- FILTERS: You can add a filter to change the appearance of a video, for example to make a video black and white or more intensely colored, or to add noise, smoke, blur, glitch, slow zoom or green screen effects:
- COLOURS: You can also adjust the colours of a video (the saturation and temperature) to make it appear washed out or intense, or add a sepia effect.
- ROTATING AND FLIPPING: You can flip or rotate the position of a video, e.g. mirror it or turn it by 90 or 180 degrees.
- TRANSITIONS: You can add fade in and fade out of audio or video clips or add transitions.