Yes, there are two ways to work on an existing Create project on another computer:
- Enable cloud sync in the project (a feature available on all paid plans). Once your files have synced you'll be able to access and edit your project from any computer using the same Clipchamp login.
- Manually bring your media files (the video, audio and image files that you used in your project) to the new computer, login, and relink them to your project.
Why is this necessary? Because by default the Create editor works with your media files locally on your computer rather than uploading them anywhere.
However, if you've only used stock video and audio from our library, then you don't need to bring files with you or use cloud sync and can continue working on a new computer straight away by signing in with the same login.
- To learn how to use cloud sync, please see this help article: using cloud sync.
- To learn how to bring your files with you and relink them, please see below.
How to manually bring your media files to a new computer
- Save the files that you used in the project to a USB stick or online storage drive (e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox) so that you can move them to the new computer.
- Load the files onto the new computer (e.g. drag them to the desktop or download them to the Downloads folder).
- Open Chrome and log in to Create with the same account you used when creating your project.
- Open your Create project.
- You will see a message prompting you to relink your files. Click on it, then click Relink Entire Folder, find the folder with your media files on the new computer and click upload.
Alternatively, click on each file and locate and upload them one by one until all files are relinked.
Once all the files are relinked, the window will close and you should be able to continue editing your project on the new computer.