Here are some steps to check in case Clipchamp doesn't work how it should or there are any issues with your computer while using it:
1) Please make sure that you have the latest version of your browser installed.
We recommend to use Clipchamp in Chrome as it will work the most reliably.
Here is how to check if you're on the latest version and if not, how to update Chrome: http://www.wikihow.com/Update-Google-Chrome
After you've updated Chrome, please reload Clipchamp and log back into your Clipchamp account in case you're not logged in.
On a Chromebook, the way to update is described here https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/177889.
2) Another recommended action is to empty your browser cache:
To do this, go to Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data --> make sure "the beginning of time" is selected in the dropdown at the top, and also make sure ONLY "Cached images and files" is selected in the list, then click "Clear browsing data".
This is what it looks like in Chrome:
After that, reload Clipchamp, log back into your account and try the video conversion or webcam recording again.
The same process of clearing your browser cache looks like this in Firefox:
Again, please reload Clipchamp after going through the cache clearing steps in Firefox, log back into your Clipchamp account if you are not logged in and attempt another conversion. With regards to Firefox, it can also help to update your version from 32-bit to 64-bit Firefox if you're on a Windows computer.
3) If you're using Clipchamp on a Chromebook
As Chromebooks are unfortunately a bit slower than most Windows or Mac computers, we recommend to close all other tabs in Chrome and to also close applications that might be running in the background - for instance Google Hangouts - while using Clipchamp to convert/compress a video or to record a webcam video.
This is necessary to free up as much of your Chromebook's processing power and memory for Clipchamp as possible.
4) Other solutions to try
- Run Clipchamp in your browser's incognito (or private) mode
- If you have any browser plugins installed that might block elements of Clipchamp, make sure to whitelist Clipchamp in these plugins and reload the app.
5) If the steps suggested above did not help
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your operating system
- your browser and its version
- file size of input video
- format of input video
- resolution of input video
- selected output settings in Clipchamp
- any error messages you're seeing
- browser log information as described here