Yes we can.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your operating system
- your browser and its version
- file size of input video
- format of input video
- resolution of input video
- selected output settings in Clipchamp
- any error messages you're seeing
- browser log information as described below
What helps us a lot in order to identify the reasons why a video conversion or webcam recording on your computer using Clipchamp might be failing, is the (anonymous) logging data that Chrome and other browsers store automatically in the background while Clipchamp attempts to convert your video.
In order to drill into the possible causes with your help, here is how you can access the logs and send them over to us - we're using Chrome to illustrate what to do, the process is very similar or the same in all other browsers:
(1) Open the Clipchamp Chrome app (or go to https://clipchamp.com)
Opening the JS console:
JS console (tab might be at a different position in newer versions of Chrome):
(4) After a few seconds, click on "Finish recording" if you recorded a webcam video or wait for the video conversion to proceed up to a possible failure.
Copy JS console contents:
(6) When done, please paste the copied log messages into the support ticket response to us.
We understand that this manual procedure is a bit tedious and very much appreciate your help! The log information is sometimes the only way to identify what causes a problem.