Our Video Uploader & Webcam Recorder plugin lets any WordPress site owner receive videos from their site visitors and users.
It is based on our HTML5 video API and brings its features to WordPress.
Site owners can use the plugin to offer a webcam recording feature and they can also use it to collect any kind of video file from their visitors including those that people already have available on their computer or mobile device. You can find out more below and try a demo in our own WordPress blog. The plugin includes a free trial phase and a range of affordable plans after the trial ends.
Bringing the Clipchamp API's unique advantages to the WordPress world, the plugin comes with the following advantages that can't be found in any other solution:
- Combines a webcam and mobile device video recorder with a smart video uploader.
- Runs on desktop and mobile versions of your WordPress site.
- Purely HTML5 based (no Flash!), meaning your users won't need any outdated, insecure plugins to use your website webcam recorder.
- Protects your users' and your privacy by sending all video files directly to you without routing them through Clipchamp servers - we never have access to your videos.
- Lets your visitors record videos in 720p, 480p or 360p.
- Accepts a large range of input video formats incl. MOV, MP4, FLV, DIVX, AVI, WebM, WMV, MKV, MPEG, ISO or 3GP and resolutions incl. 4K, 1080p, and 720p.
- Converts any video file your visitors upload to you into a standard format of your choice (MP4, WebM, FLV,...) before the file gets uploaded to you.
- Also compresses the videos to a smaller file size at no visible quality loss before they get uploaded.
All of this means that your users' videos will upload much faster than with any other video uploader and you will receive them already converted at smaller file sizes, ready to be used. All videos you receive are streaming-ready as well.
Furthermore, this significantly reduces or even eliminates your server-side video transcoding requirements and costs.
Storage/Upload Target Options
With regards to storage options, you decide where user videos get sent to, options include your YouTube channel, your Google Drive account, AWS S3 buckets, Microsoft Azure containers, or your WordPress media gallery. Available upload options depend on the plan you're on.
New - Clipchamp Video Posts on WordPress websites