Yes we can.
Please contact us through the contact widget in the bottom right of this page with the following information:
- your operating system
- your browser and its version
- file size of input video
- format of input video
- resolution of input video
- selected output settings in Clipchamp
- any error messages you're seeing
- browser log information as described below
Copy error information from the browser log
What helps us a lot in order to identify the reasons why a video conversion or webcam recording on your computer using Clipchamp might be failing, is the (anonymous) logging data that Chrome and other browsers store automatically in the background while Clipchamp attempts to convert your video.
In order to drill into the possible causes with your help, here is how you can access the logs and send them over to us - we're using Chrome to illustrate what to do, the process is very similar or the same in all other browsers:
(1) Go to https://util.clipchamp.com/en/dashboard
JS console (tab might be at a different position in newer versions of Chrome):
(3) In Clipchamp, start a webcam recording or video conversion like you did before
(4) After a few seconds, click on "Finish recording" if you recorded a webcam video or wait for the video conversion to proceed up to a possible failure.
(5) If the recording or conversion does, again, get stuck:
The most important entries are any errors in red that might get shown.
(6) When done, please paste the copied log messages into the support ticket response to us.
We understand that this manual procedure is a bit tedious and very much appreciate your help! The log information is sometimes the only way to identify what causes a problem.